To celebrate our new facility in Georgia, we did a little bit of a research project to find local resources related to Atlanta area metal workshops. With vibrant arts and manufacturing scenes in the city, we’re looking forward to exploring resources for metal workers in our new home town!
If you’re in the area and also interested in discovering how to get into metal working for art or fabrication, here’s a list of places open to the public where you can get access to Atlanta area metal workshops. These resources include hourly work spaces and instruction.
Atlanta Area Metal Workshops – Open Space & Classes
- •Classes and Metal Workshops: Includes working with various metals, from sterling to copper and stones. Group sessions and private instruction available.
- •Open Studio: Supervised use of tools and machinery.
- •Videos & Tutorials: Free and paid online tutorials and how-to tips.
- •Stamping Metal Workshops: Learn about metal gauges and stamping words and hammering on materials including brass, stainless steel and aluminum.
- •Metalsmithing: Learn various jewelry making methods including annealing, forging, soldering.
- •Family friendly space with low-cost monthly membership fees and volunteer opportunities.
- •Amenities: Wood shop, metal shop, computer lab, electronics shop, arts & crafts area and 3-D printers
- •Open Build Night: New event open to members and non-members, every Wednesday at 7 pm.
- • Nearly 6,000 square feet of workstations, workshops and collaborative environments. This not-for-profit organization is open to anyone for membership and offers space for a range of projects from metal working, to 3-d printing, photography and more.
- •Amenities: Metal shop includes various welders, mill, CNC, crucible, kiln and additional support tools.
- •Events: Open house held second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Join them to learn more! Other regular events include TED Talks in the auditorium and community game nights. See the full schedule here >
Fabrication Materials for Atlanta Area Metal Workshops
Now that OnlineMetals has a location in the Atlanta area, metal workers and fabricators can easily shop online and pick-up materials at our warehouse for no additional cost. The free will call service is open Monday – Friday. Simply place your order online and you’ll receive an email notification when your materials are ready for pick-up.
Online Metals Atlanta Location Details
1500 Cherokee Pkwy, Acworth, GA 30102
Phone: (800) 704-2157
Driving Directions >